Round 1[edit | edit source]
Characters are "seeded" in serpentine order based on the following:
- Direct invites are seeded first, and will be ordered by their final positions in ISML 2020. Seasonal winners are put last and will be arranged based on inter-seasonal finish
- The remaining characters are ordered by nomination rankings.
All characters from each division are divided into 3 groups with at least 40 members each.
- Approval voting (vote whoever you like).
- Results will be used as seedings for the next round
Female[edit | edit source]
Male[edit | edit source]
Round 2[edit | edit source]
- All characters are re-seeded based on their positions in Round 1 (nomination rank will serve as tiebreaker)
- 12 groups
- At least 10 members each
- Limited voting format (you can only vote 3 players maximum per group).
Rankings[edit | edit source]
Since preliminary groups are likely have an unequal number of players due to the "contestants tied for last place will all advance" rule, the characters' ranks for each round will be adjusted accordingly (called "Average deserved rank" in the charter). The exact calculation required for this stat is currently unknown.
After the preliminary rounds are finished, all characters will be ranked based on the following criteria, which will double as seeds for the regular season's first group stage:
- Lower average rank points (ARP) = (ADRi and ADRii represent ranks for rounds 1 and 2 respectively)
- Higher Nomination votes
- Higher cumulative vote points (CVP)
Only the top 72 contestants will advance to the regular season, and the remaining characters will be eliminated.