The upcoming third edition of the annual Queen of /v/ tournament is scheduled to begin on October 1, 2021 in 4chan's /v/idya games board.
Source: Sheets anon's Pastebin link outlining the rules for the 2021 /v/ contests. In this wiki, new rules and changes for this year are highlighted by underlined text.
- To nominate a character, you must post their name, image, AND series. Nominations must garner at least 12 replies within a single thread in order to enter the qualifying poll.
- All characters must either originate from a vidya property or be a member of a vidya's universe.
- Example 1: Saxton Hale and Miss Pauling (Team Fortress 2) are eligible even though they appeared in the comics first.
- Example 2: Android 21 is eligible because she debuted in the game Dragon Ball FighterZ, which is a part of the Dragon Ball anime/manga franchise.
- No depictions or caricatures of real-life politicians. (E.g. JFK from Call of Duty Zombies)
- No fanmade characters (character creation, OCs, memes, etc.)
- Characters with unknown, ambiguous, or can have both genders are eligible for both King and Queen tournaments. (E.g. NiGHTS, most Pokemon species)
- FOTM Rule: All characters must be at least one month old. This means that a character is ineligible if they debuted in a game whose release date is September 1 or later.
- The Elite Eight of /v/'s 2019 Queen contest will be eligible for in this edition after serving their temporary ban in 2020: Fio Germi, Midna, Maya Fey, GlaDOS, Princess Peach, Shantae, and Roll.
Characters who reached the Elite Eight of the previous tournament are temporarily ineligible this year; they will be eligible for nomination next contest. Tournament champions, on the other hand, are permanently retired and will be banned for future editions.
|2020 Elite Eight (Will be eligible next contest)|
|Tifa Lockhart||Amaterasu||2B||Cirno||Chun-Li||Morrigan Aensland||Aigis|
|Final Fantasy VII||Ōkami||NieR:Automata||Touhou Project||Street Fighter||Darkstalkers||Persona 3|
|Queens of /v/alhalla (PERMANENTLY RETIRED)|
|Samus Aran||Reimu Hakurei|
All nominees will be subject into a single qualifying poll, where voters select any number of nominees that they want to advance into the main bracket. 128 contestants with the highest votes (excluding those over the series limit) will qualify.
- Franchise Limit: A maximum of TWO (2) characters from a given franchise can enter the main bracket. If 3 or more qualify, only the top two with the highest votes will be entered and the rest will be disqualified.
- Spin-offs and crossovers are treated as separate series for this rule. (E.g. Shin Megami Tensei -- Persona, Drakengard -- Nier, Kingdom Hearts)
Single-elimination format. Seedings are determined by their rank in the qualifying poll.
- Which means that in the first round, top seed plays the lowest seed, second-highest seed plays the second-lowest seed, and so on. The bracket is designed so that the top 2 seeds will only meet in the final, top 4 in semi-final, etc.
- If a match is tied in votes at the end of the round, both characters will advance. The following round will then become a three-way voting match between them and their next round's opponent. The winner of that match is decided by plurality vote.
- If a tie occurs in the final, a runoff vote is held instead.
- All characters advancing to the quarter-finals will become this year's Elite Eight, making them temporarily ineligible for the next contest. Those eliminated in the quarter-finals will be subject to a four-way consolation match where voters will rank them from 5th-8th. Semi-final losers will play against each other for third place. Lastly, the winner of the final match will become this year's Queen of /v/, and will permanently retire from the competition.
4chan archived threads
|Archived thread links: