ISML 2013 was the 6th edition of the International Saimoe League contest, and the second year since the Nova / Stella split was introduced.
Kanade Tachibana, the defending champion, continues her dominance in the tournament, having secured her second consecutive necklace, division title, and finals appearance this year. However, she would ultimately lose to rival Kuroneko in the Tiara final, as the apparent growing dislike of repeat champions ultimately prevailed among voters, ensuring that a new champion is always crowned every year.
In the Male Exhibition tournament, Hyouka's lead male Houtarou Oreki defeated Raildex powerhouse Accelerator in the final to win ISML's third Lapis Scepter. Defending champion Kirito was eliminated in the quarter-finals by Mondaiji protagonist Izayoi Sakamaki.
- 1 Nomination Period
- 2 Preliminary
- 3 Contestant Level and No.
- 4 Gem Rounds
- 5 Consolation Gems
- 6 Playoffs
- 7 Winner's Gallery
- 8 Random Useless Facts
- 9 Random Useless Voting Records
- 10 Site navigation
Please see: ISML 2013 Nomination
Preliminary Phase 1
|Nova 1||Hasegawa Kobato|
|Nova 2||Kashiwazaki Sena|
|Nova 3||Kirigaya Suguha|
|Nova 4||Nibutani Shinka|
|Nova 5||Chitanda Eru|
|Nova 6||Shiina Mashiro|
|Nova 7||Mikazuki Yozora|
|Nova 8||Yui (SAO)|
|Nova 9||Touwa Erio|
|Nova 11||Takanashi Rikka|
|Nova 12||Yuuki Asuna|
Preliminary Phase 2
|Nova 1||Ayano Keiko (Silica)|
|Nova 2||Aoyama Nanami|
|Nova 3||Yuzuriha Inori|
|Nova 4||Oshino Shinobu|
|Nova 5||Natsume Rin|
|Nova 6||Noumi Kudryavka|
|Nova 7||Yuuki Mikan|
|Nova 8||Misaki Mei|
Preliminary Phase 3
|Bracket A||Takanashi Touka|
|Bracket B||Makise Kurisu|
|Bracket C||Araragi Karen|
|Bracket D||Shirakiin Ririchiyo|
|Bracket E||Honma Meiko|
|Bracket F||Roromiya Karuta|
|Bracket G||Kanzaki H. Aria|
|Bracket H||Akemi Homura|
|Bracket I||Momo Belia Deviluke|
|Bracket K||Kotegawa Yui|
|Bracket L||Araragi Tsukihi|
|Bracket M||Kirishima Shouko|
|Bracket N||Konoe Subaru|
|Bracket O||Sanka Rea|
|Bracket P||Kurasaki Fuuko (Sky Raker)|
|Stella 1||Tachibana Kanade|
|Stella 2||Eucliwood Hellscythe|
|Stella 3||Gokou Ruri (Kuroneko)|
|Stella 4||Aisaka Taiga|
|Stella 5||Akiyama Mio|
|Stella 6||Misaka Mikoto|
|Stella 7||Nakano Azusa|
|Stella 8||Nagato Yuki|
|Stella 11||Nakamura Yuri|
|Stella 12||Suzumiya Haruhi|
|Stella 1||Konjiki no Yami|
|Stella 3||Louise Vallière|
|Stella 4||Tousaka Rin|
|Stella 5||Victorique de Blois|
|Stella 6||Kuroi Mato|
|Stella 7||Kousaka Kirino|
|Stella 8||Sengoku Nadeko|
|Stella 9||Illyasviel von Einzbern|
|Stella 10||Charlotte Dunois|
|Stella 11||Katsura Hinagiku|
|Stella 12||Hirasawa Yui|
|Stella 2||Sakagami Tomoyo|
|Stella 3||Last Order|
|Stella 5||Izumi Konata|
|Stella 6||Iwasawa Masami|
|Stella 7||Fujibayashi Kyō|
|Stella 9||Senjougahara Hitagi|
|Stella 10||Hirasawa Ui|
|Stella 11||Furukawa Nagisa|
|Stella 12||Aragaki Ayase|
Contestant Level and No.
On the Nova side, there are many new faces this year. One of the strongest faction in Preliminary, Sword Art Online ,found themselves unable to keep up with their excellent Preliminary Result, while the two Haganai girls are going well with their recent boost from the second season. Two unexpect upset among the Tier 1 happened in Round 7 was Shiina Mashiro > Takanashi Rikka and Hasegawa Kobato > Yuuki Asuna . Rikka was the winner of the Diadem of Autumn last year after crashing Mashiro at the final round, Asuna was the winner of the Diadem of Summer last year and also the winner was the match of diadem winners. The result put her as the strongest new blood from last year, while Kobato was placed 14th in the Final League. In the end, Hasegawa Kobato was placed 1st with the highest SDO in Nova.
On the Stella side, unlike last year, where she was faced with low SDO disadvantage, the former Aquamarine Necklace Winner Tachibana Kanade found herself holding the historical high SDO of 103.046, which was more than enough to combine with her strength. Despite the problem of split voting in the Hanazawa faction and many people wanted a new winner for Aquamarine Necklace. The severe disadvantage of low SDO in other contestants and K-ON! and Railgun faction out of running plus Kanade's own overwelming strength, lead the match into an completely onsided one, granting Tenshi the first necklace of the year again with no surprise and Kanade officially become the first repeat winner of Aquamarine Necklace.
|1||Hasegawa Kobato||Tachibana Kanade|
|2||Shiina Mashiro||Gokou Ruri (Kuroneko)|
|5||Gokou Ruri (Kuroneko)||1194||80.179||39.323|
Necklace Winner: Tachibana Kanade
Despite her heavy deplete in strength after the end of Shakugan no Shana final season, Shana is refused to give up her dream of obtaining all 7 colours of necklace. But with one lose in the first round, she barely just got into the Necklace Round as a wildcard. After Tenshi's success in repeat necklace winning, her Hanazawa sister Gokou Ruri is also eager to do so. Clearing her path towards the Necklace Round with no problem, Ruri also obtained the highest SDO on the way. With Oreimo on air making Ruri stronger and stronger as each match went by, the black cat successfully obtain the necklace with an onesided match just like what happened in Aquamarine, making 2013 the first year with 2 repeat necklace winners.
|1||Shiina Mashiro||Gokou Ruri (Kuroneko)|
|3||Takanashi Rikka||Eucliwood Hellscythe|
|1||Gokou Ruri (Kuroneko)||2412||98.874||57.080|
Necklace Winner: Gokou Ruri (Kuroneko)
As Amethyst passed by, the Regular Season is reaching towards its midway.
The Novas has becoming more and more unstable with many upsets and characters rising and falling in strength of big gaps, leading a high inflation of SDO towards lowest ranking Tier 1 character Asuna. Facing her daughter, the Nova wildcard, Yui, from the same series in the last round. she successfully secured her 7 wins and a spot towards Ruby Necklace Match. The former Summer Diadem winner, Takanashi Rikka, recovered from her bitter defeat in Aquamarine, took down Kuroyukihime in Round 7, leaving Shiina Mashiro the only loseless character left on stage as Ruby Period close in.
Meanwhile over in the Stella side, with the airing of Railgun, Mikoto has picked up her former strength, defeating Aisaka Taiga. But her luck is out on this period with weak matchups leading to low SDO. The unexpected inter-series upset of Akiyama Mio over her Kouhai Nakano Azusa, plus the strong match up allow her to gain the highest SDO from the Stella side.
However, K-ON! has had their time and their strength is falling. With two Hanazawa characters already out with their respective necklaces, and Taiga and Mikoto suffering from low SDO. Yuuki Asuna managed to be the first Nova to obtain a necklace this year despite the overwelming performance from Mikoto.
|1||Yuuki Asuna||Akiyama Mio|
Necklace Winner: Yuuki Asuna
With the necklace win from Yuuki Asuna in the last period, the Nova are getting ready to challenge the Stella again. Mashiro, now the only loseless character in Nova, successfully secured her title by defeating Kuroyukihime in the last round. The unstable strengths of Nova characters continued with many unexpected upsets between two characters with big ranking gaps.
Two undefeated character, Tachibana Kanade and Gokou Ruri, remained undefeated through Emerald. This period has proved the first time ever Shana, the representative of Kugi and Tsundere in ISML, lost in a inter-seiyuu match to her Kugi sister Aisaka Taiga. Mikoto, despite growing stronger from the airing of Railgun anime, is having trouble with her opponents performing badly, leading to a low SDO. The second powerhouse from OreImo, Aragaki Ayase , has proved herself to be the first Tier 7 character to enter a necklace round.
Despite the even bigger Vote Difference, Mikoto was unable to upset Rikka's high SDO, with a difference of 1.38 in necklace socre, Takanashi Rikka followed Asuna's step and took away another necklace for Nova.
|3||Hasegawa Kobato||Misaka Mikoto|
Necklace Winner: Takanashi Rikka
The Round 1 of this period has proved itself to be the most intense round of the year in Regular Season, with the amount of votes almost doubled from the usual 7000-8000 voters. It is the first time ever, the undefeated Tenshi, Tachibana Kanade, lost a match in her Regular Season journey, leaving her Hanazawa sister Gokou Ruri to be the last loseless character standing in Stella. The upset of Izumi Konata over Holo also marked the first time in the history of ISML that the last finisher in Regular Season is not winless. Then finally, the time has came for the Nova 1st Shiina Mashiro to shine. With the highest SDO ever in this year, Mashiro managed to win the Necklace Round without much trouble.
|1||Shiina Mashiro||Eucliwood Hellscythe|
|4||Hasegawa Kobato||Misaka Mikoto|
Necklace Winner: Shiina Mashiro
These awards are given to the bottom-placed girls after each period.
|1||Aria H. Kanzaki||2192|
|4||Fuuko Kurasaki / Sky Raker||1341|
|1||Momo Belia Deviluke||1667|
|7||Illyasviel von Einzbern||936|
|2||Louise de la Valliere||1596|
|2||Victorique de Blois||1732|
|Pic||Round of 16||Pic||Quarter-finals||Pic||Semi-finals||Pic||Final|
|16||Tohka Yatogami||2981||1||Mashiro Shiina||5519|
|8||Inori Yuzuriha||4833||8||Inori Yuzuriha||3609|
|9||Eru Chitanda||4395||1||Mashiro Shiina||5943|
|4||Kobato Hasegawa||5392||5||Asuna Yuuki||5224|
|13||Momo Belia Deviluke||3514||4||Kobato Hasegawa||4754|
|5||Asuna Yuuki||5903||5||Asuna Yuuki||4785|
|12||Yui (SAO)||2866||1||Mashiro Shiina||4886|
|2||Rikka Takanashi||6077||2||Rikka Takanashi||3379|
|15||Yozora Mikazuki||3049||2||Rikka Takanashi||5481|
|7||Sena Kashiwazaki||5455||7||Sena Kashiwazaki||3885|
|10||Shinka Nibutani||3839||2||Rikka Takanashi||5720|
|14||Aria H. Kanzaki||3266||3||Kuroyukihime||5175|
|6||Nanami Aoyama||4994||6||Nanami Aoyama||4037|
|Pic||Round of 16||Pic||Quarter-finals||Pic||Semi-finals||Pic||Final|
|16||Yui Hirasawa||3180||1||Ruri Gokou||5666|
|8||Mio Akiyama||4200||9||Ayase Aragaki||3503|
|9||Ayase Aragaki||5676||1||Ruri Gokou||7133|
|4||Taiga Aisaka||5347||5||Eucliwood Hellscythe||4666|
|13||Yuki Nagato||4137||4||Taiga Aisaka||4423|
|5||Eucliwood Hellscythe||5373||5||Eucliwood Hellscythe||5208|
|12||Yuri Nakamura||4160||1||Ruri Gokou||4252|
|2||Kanade Tachibana||6908||2||Kanade Tachibana||4268|
|15||Haruhi Suzumiya||3019||2||Kanade Tachibana||6543|
|10||Kirino Kousaka||5033||2||Kanade Tachibana||7030|
|3||Mikoto Misaka||5752||3||Mikoto Misaka||5107|
|6||Azusa Nakano||5142||6||Azusa Nakano||4232|
|11||Yui (Angel Beats)||4307|
Tiara Playoff Bracket
|Tiara Playoff Bracket|
|Pic||Round of 16||Pic||Quarter-finals||Pic||Semi-finals||Pic||Final|
|S8||Kirino Kousaka||4445||N1||Mashiro Shiina||5644|
|S4||Eucliwood Hellscythe||6314||S4||Eucliwood Hellscythe||6555|
|N5||Kobato Hasegawa||4229||S4||Eucliwood Hellscythe||4738|
|S2||Ruri "Kuroneko" Gokou||7700||S2||Ruri Gokou||6792|
|N7||Sena Kashiwazaki||3352||S2||Ruri Gokou||7443|
|N3||Asuna Yuuki||5187||S6||Azusa Nakano||4985|
|S6||Azusa Nakano||5370||S2||Ruri Gokou||8343|
|S1||Kanade Tachibana||6013||S1||Kanade Tachibana||7234|
|N8||Inori Yuzuriha||3693||S1||Kanade Tachibana||7656|
|S5||Taiga Aisaka||4423||S1||Kanade Tachibana||8254|
|N2||Rikka Takanashi||4643||S3||Mikoto Misaka||6060|
|S7||Ayase Aragaki||5614||S7||Ayase Aragaki||5863|
|S3||Mikoto Misaka||5402||S3||Mikoto Misaka||6151||S4||Eucliwood Hellscythe||????|
|N6||Nanami Aoyama||4357||S3||Mikoto Misaka||????|
Necklace & Tiara
Random Useless Facts
- The will be 20 Nova characters from this year that will be going into Stella division next year if the rule stays the name.
- They are:Shiina Mashiro, Kashiwazaki Sena, Hasegawa Kobato, Mikazuki Yozora, Touwa Erio, Yuzuriha Inori, Oshino Shinobu, Makise Kurisu, Honma Meiko, Kanzaki H. Aria, Akemi Homura, Kirishima Shouko and Konoe Subaru, Saten Ruiko, Shiina Minatsu, Akaba Chizuru, Sakurano Kurimu, Okazaki Ushio, Haramura Nodoka, Fukuji Mihoko.
- Toshinou Kyouko, despite being 10 votes away from being eliminated in her first match in Preliminary Phase 1, managed to survive until the last round, while other character who preform better than her during their first match could not.
- Kotegawa Yui and Kurasaki Fuuko are the only 2 Regular Season Nova characters that did not survive to the last round of Preliminary Phase 1.
- At 366 ballots and ranked 5th in the Nomination, Inaba Himeko is the Nova character with the highest nomination ballots that failed to advance into Regular Season.
- A5 91 ballots and ranked 51st in the Nomination, Yuuki Mikan is the Nova character with the lowest nomination ballots that managed to advance into Regular Season.
- At 1538 ballots and ranked 9th in the Nomination, Kasugano Sora is the Stella character with the highest nomination ballots that failed to advance into Regular Season.
- At 889 ballots and ranked 17th in the Nomination, Iwasawa Masami is the Stella character with the highest nomination ballots that managed to advance into Regular Season.
- The top 4 ranking of Stella Nomination is exactly the same as last year's Nova Regular Season result.
- This year marked the first year of 3 ISML veterans who had never missed a single Regular Season being unable to advance into Regular Season for 2013, they are Sanzen'in Nagi , Hiiragi Kagami and Asahina Mikuru.
- Mikuru was 2 ranks away from making into Post Season Phase 1 in Stella last year, marking her the highest ranked character from 2012 Regular Season to missed out on ISML 2013 Regular Season.
- Hiiragi Kagami is the winner of two necklaces in 2008, and had been the leading character of Lucky Star on the stage of ISML until last year.
- All the Stella Regular Season contestants from last year managed to advance into Preliminary, except for Hecate, who disappeared.
- 26 out of 36 Stella Regular Season contestants from last year survived Preliminary, the ones who didn't are: Asahina Mikuru, Hiiragi Kagami, Ikaros, Sanzen'in Nagi, Kotobuki Tsumugi, Index L. Prohibitorum, Ichinose Kotomi, Shirai Kuroko, Shiina Mafuyu, Hecate
- 33 out of 36 Nova Regular Season contestants from last year survived Nomination, the ones who didn't are: Himeji Mizuki, Suzutsuki Kanade and Nakagawa Kanon.
- 22 out of 36 Nova Regular Season contestants from last year survived Preliminary, the ones who didn't are: Haruna, Elucia de Lute Ima, Haqua du Lot Herminium, Himeji Mizuki, Shiomiya Shiori, Irisviel von Einzbern, Suzutsuki Kanade, Mine Riko, Nakagawa Kanon, Fear Kubrick, Kasugano Sora, Shimada Minami, Sakura Kyouko and Gasai Yuno
Random Useless Voting Records
- Highest Votes Earned in
- Lowest Votes Earned in
- Regular Season
- Highest Winning Votes: Tachibana Kanade - 6750 (Aquamarine Round 1)
- Lowest Winning Votes: Sakagami Tomoyo - 3088 (Ruby Round 6)
- Highest Losing Votes: Misaka Mikoto - 4933 (Aquamarine Round 1)
- Lowest Losing Votes: Iwasawa Masami - 1549 (Ruby Round 4)
|International Saimoe League (link)|
|Main Pages||2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011 · 2012 • 2013 • 2014 • 2015 • 2016 • 2017 • 2018 • 2019 • 2020 • 2021 • 2022|
|Gem Awards||Necklace • Pendant|
|Exhibitions||Seasonal Diadem • Divine Circlet / Crown • Tournament of Champions|
|Voting Methods||Single-elims • Double-elims • IRV & STV • Approval & Range • FPTP|
|Tiara Winners||Fate • Hina • Mio • Misaka • Tenshi • Kuroneko • Efreet • Eru • Shana • Katou • Rem • Violet • Yukino • 2021 • 2022|
|Scepter Winners||Lelouch† • Kirito† • Oreki† • Hideyoshi† • Accel • Sora • Koro • 8man • Slime • Miyuki • 2021 • 2022|
|† - Male exhibition victory|
|Major Saimoe Contests|
|ISML ★||2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011 • 2012 • 2013 • 2014 • 2015 • 2016 • 2017 • 2018 • 2019 • 2020|
|r/anime Best Girl ★||BG1 (2014) • BG2 (2015) • BG3 (2016) • BG4 (2017) • BG5 (2018) • BG6 (2019) • BG7 (2020)|
|r/anime Best Guy ★||BGuy1 (2015) • BGuy2 (2016) • BGuy3 (2017) • BGuy4 (2018) • BGuy5 (2019) • BGuy6 (2020) • BGuy7 (2021)|
|r/anime Best Chr. ☆ ‡||BCh1 (2015) • BCh2 (2016) • BCh3 (2017) • BCh4 (2018) • BCh5 (???)|
|Bilibili Moe ★ †||2015 (Japan) • 2016 (Japan // China) • 2017 (Japan // China) • 2018 (Japan // China)|
|AST ☆ †||2002 • 2003 • 2004 • 2005 • 2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011 • 2012 • 2013 • 2014|
|KBM ☆ †||2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011 • 2012|
|Information||What is "Saimoe" ? • Roster • List of champions • Records|
|Legend: † Defunct, ‡ Hiatus / Unknown fate|